जागरण मिडिया सेन्टर विं.सं २०५७ सालमा दलित समुदायका सक्रिय युवा सञ्चारकर्मीहरूको पहलमा स्थापना गरिएको गैरसरकारी संस्था हो । यस संस्थाले दलित अधिकार सुनिश्चितताका लागि जातीय समानता, मानवअधिकार, लोकतन्त्र, समावेशीकरण, सामाजिक तथा वातावरणीय न्याय र दिगो विपद् व्यवस्थापनका क्षेत्रमा सञ्चार वकालत गर्दै आइरहेको छ ।
जागरण मिडिया सेन्टरले आफ्नो सञ्चार अभियानका क्रममा मानवअधिकार, जातीय समानता, वाताबरणीय न्याय र शान्ति तथा लोकतन्त्रसम्बन्धी रेडियो कार्यक्रमहरूको उत्पादन तथा प्रसारण,“दलन” टेलिश्रृखलाको निर्माण, मिडिया अनुसन्धान, सुचना ब्याङकको स्थापना, पत्रकारिता तालिम, फिचर सेवा, पुस्तक तथा पत्रपत्रिका प्रकाशन, दलित मानवअधिकार उल्ङघनका घटनाहरूको अनुगमन र विभिन्न छलफल तथा अन्तरक्रिया कार्यक्रमहरू सञ्चालन गर्दै आइरहेको छ । साथै जागरण मिडिया सेन्टरको सक्रियतामा रूपन्देही जिल्लाको बुटवलमा सामुदायिक रेडियो जागरण ९३.६ मेगाहर्ज पनि सञ्चालन भइरहेकोे छ ।
16 million listeners regularly tune into Jagaran Media Centers radio programs which are broadcast to target rural Nepalese.
The Jagaran Media Center (JMC) as a non governmental organization was established in 2000 by journalists from the Dalit community in Nepal. The organization advocates to eliminate caste based discrimination, promote a more equitable, inclusive, and accountable democracy, and environmental justice and sustainable disaster risk reduction through media mobilization.
The center has promoted Dalit empowerment by giving Dalits the means to create their own media, and through journalism training, and producing and broadcasting Katwal Radio Magazine (KRM). JMC also operates the radio station Radio Jagaran 93.6 MHz in Rupandehi district, conducts discussion and interaction programs, runs the Dalit Research and Resource Center, Features services, Information Bank, produced the acclaimed television series “Dalan”, and Publishes and distributes books and magazines, and monitor the Dalit human right violation cases.
Creation of equitable society free from all forms of discriminations.
Jagaran Media Center (JMC) will be active in the national and international level through different means of media for the promotion and protection of Dalit Human Rights and to abolish every form of discriminations and create equitable society in Nepal.
1. Pro-rights based approach: JMC will be active using every form of media for social transformations, establishment of rights of the Dalit community and against every form of discriminations as well.
2. Social Harmony: JMC is committed for social harmony respecting caste, religious and cultural differences.
3. Rights to Information and Freedom of Speech: JMC believes that “right to information” is one of the fundamental rights of people. With this backdrop JMC will produce and broadcast informative programs which are important for the population to empower them.
4. Cultured and Prosperous Society: JMC will be active against orthodox tradition and superstition paving ways for cultured and prosperous society.
5. Promotion and Protection of Traditional Skills, Arts and Culture: JMC will advocate against the negative effects of open economy and globalization on traditional culture, skills and occupation of the Dalit community. However, JMC will also promote appropriate technological options in modernizing traditional survival skills and occupations of the Dalit community.
6. Human Rights: JMC will be active in the protection and promotion of Dalit Human Rights, ensuring respectful lives for Dalits.
7. Neutrality in Party Politics: JMC will be active for establishing rights of the Dalit community, but without any affiliation with any of the political parties.
8. Democratic Practice: JMC will follow the democratic practice, and will be active in institutionalizing it in the country.
9. Accountability and Transparency: JMC will be accountable for its activities carried out. JMC will also maintain transparency of activities and budget to all relevant stakeholders. create inclusive society in Nepal.
10. Gender and Social Inclusion: JMC will be actively engaged to end gender based discriminations and to Create Inclusive society in Nepal.